Online advertising is the only way to grow your business. In 2018, 90% of businesses in the USA were using social media for marketing.
This is an increase from 86.2% in 2013. It’s expected to drastically increase, year over year. Chances are you spend money on advertising. Whether its Facebook, Google, Twitter, or traditional platforms like TV or radio, a big share of your business advertising purchases fall into this category.
Several best credit cards are available that reward business owners for common types of business spending.
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- Which credit cards are best for earning a reward on advertising
- Which advertising categories are eligible for earning a bonus
- The benefit of different types of rewards
- Alternative credit cards for earning rewards on all of the advertising purchases you’ll do anyways
Why are you looking for a new credit card?
You probably need working capital to grow your business. That means you’re looking to grow your business, yet are facing liquidity issues. Delancey Street can help you get access to working capital. Many credit cards have APR rates of 10-20%. In contrast, Delancey Street can offer highly cost effective forms of financing, such as:
- Invoice factoring
- Real estate collateralized loans
- Lines of credit
- Term loans
- merchant cash advance
- and more
When you get a small business credit card for online advertising, you will have a hard inquiry on your credit score – even if you don’t get approved. In contrast, small business financing is a consultative approach.
We can typically tell you what you’ll qualify for before we even run your credit.
Apply for a small business loan with Delancey Street today.
Best overall credit cards for advertising purchases
- Get 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5000 on purchases in first 90 days
- Get $1000 towards travel when you redeem via Chase Rewards
- earn 3 points, per $1, on the first $150,000 you spend in purchases
- Get up to $600 per claim for cell phone protection
- Annual fee of $95
How can you earn on advertising purchases
You don’t need to select a specific bonus category with the Ink Business Preferred. All of the bonus categories automatically earn 3 points per $1 spent. Advertising purchases on things like social media, and Google, is included in the bonus earning category.
There’s also a $150,000 annual limit on total 3x category earnings. After this, you’ll earn 1 point per dollar spent. If you reach this level of spend on search engines and social media, you could get a total of 450,000 reward points.
Once you earn reward points, they are deposited into your rewards account at the end of each statement period. Here is how the Ink Business Preferred rewards advertising purchases.
It’s best for social media website and search engine advertising
Example of places where you can spend money, is Google Ads, Yahoo, Bing Ads, Facebook ads, and more.
3 Ultimate reward points per $1 spent.
Why are ultimate reward points great!
- They are flexible and offer great value
- You can redeem reward points for travel, cash-back, and services
- You can maximize the value of the points by transferring the reward points to airline and hotel travel partners
- You can redeem them via Chase’s travel portal, where the points are worth 25% more in value
Good tip: If you spend a lot on Google or Facebook ads the Ink business Preferred is an amazing choice for advertising purchases.
American Express Business Gold Card
- Get 35,000 reward points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases in first 3 months of membership
- Get 4x membership rewards on the 2 categories where your business spends the most each month
- Get 4x points to the first $150,000 in purchased from these 2 categories each year
- Have the ability to pay over time
- $295 annual fee
How to earn on advertising purchases
With the business gold card, earning more is simple. All the 4x bonus categories are eligible. Your actual spending is what determines which 2 categories get the bonus each statement period. If your existing month’s statement shows that shipping and radio advertising were the biggest expenses, then those are the categories which will get 4x bonus earnings.
If next month’s spending changes, and airline and computer expenses are your largest expense then those categories will be earning the 4x bonus. This means you’ll always get the greatest rewards for the biggest expense. If advertising is your biggest expense, you’ll always get 4x earnings for those purchases.
Why is earning membership reward points so amazing
Membership reward points are one of the best ways of getting rewards. There are many ways to earn points, and there are a variety of redemption options. The value you receive for your points will depend on which redemption method you choose.
For example, you can purchase travel via AMEX travel, redeem the points for gift cards, or donating the points to charity easily. You can also transfer membership reward points to travel partners.
Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Your welcome offer earns up to 75000 membership points
- You can get 50000 membership reward points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
- You get 5x membership reward points on flight + hotels
- You can access more than 1200 airport lounges all over the world
- There is an annual fee of $595
Why is the American Express Platinum the best credit card for advertising expenses?
- Every purchase you make earns at least 1 reward point per dollar spent
- Every purchase of $5000 or more earns 1.5 membership reward points per dollar spent
- There is no limit on the amount of reward points you can earn
Why is the card great overall?
- Over 1200 airport lounges worldwide
- Up to $200 in airline fee credits
- Flights + hotels through AMEX travel earn 5x points per dollar spent
- Global entry fee statement is credited back to you
- Hotel elite status with Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors
Submit your review
Thanks for writing such a great article about the best business credit cards for advertising purchases