Things to consider when comparing lenders After you’ve looked at…
Fast cash and an easy approval process make hard money loans hard to resist for investors. With other financing methods so difficult to achieve, hard money loans are one of the most reliable resources for funding when it comes to making real estate investments.
Why Hard Money Loans?
If the promise of quick cash isn’t enough to convince you to contact a hard money lender, a review of the benefits of hard loans will. While there are always other options out there for financing your investments, the following list explains what you stand to gain through hard money loans:
- Access more opportunities.The best real estate investment deals don’t come around everyday. When investors see a good opportunity that can make or break their career, it’s important for them to take advantage as soon as possible. With access to the immediate funding that hard money loans provide, investors are able to cash out and cash in on their new property.
- Qualify for cash, quickly and easily.Most investors will find that regardless of how soon they need funding, they will have to endure the approval process for most traditional financing options. In many cases, investors may learn that they haven’t been approved for the loan and will be back in the same boat.
If you need to qualify for cash sooner rather than later, consider a hard money loan. Lenders are able to work with you to guarantee funding. Oftentimes, hard money loans have the shortest turnaround time—typically one week or less.
- Avoid the hassle of other requirements.With bank loans and standard methods of financing, investors often must meet several requirements. Typically, a borrower will be required to have good credit, sound financial standing, a lengthy portfolio of successful investments, and proof that they are able to repay the loan. While some investors do meet these standards, in some cases, they may still not be able to get the funding they need.
With hard money lenders, there is often little-to-no hassle involved in the application and approval process. Most lenders only require that the investor have property available or collateral and the money they need to make a down payment.
The Case for Hard Loans
- Hard money lenders are private institutions.Private firms are often less challenging to deal with when it comes to asking for loans. Traditional lenders like banks have more regulations regarding who and what they fund. For this reason, many investors will find that they qualify with hard money lenders in Fort Collins, Colorado when other institutions won’t take them.
- Hard money loans are ideal for a variety of situations.Due to the fact that hard money lenders are privatized, they tend to exercise a certain amount of variability when they vet their borrowers. Investors that have rather unconventional proposals for funding are much more likely to find a willing lender in the hard money sector.
- High interest rates are balanced out by the short-term period.Many investors that have just started to research hard money loans are put off by the high interest rates. These rates are often comparable to those of credit cards and are part of what the reason hard money loans are so expensive. With that said, hard money loans are short-term loans and only accrue interest during the life of the loan. Compared to other financing alternatives, this isn’t necessarily a drawback.
The best way to determine if a hard loan will meet your needs is to speak with a lender. If the solution to your financing problems can be resolved today, why wait?
Every good business needs professional space that is their own. Whether you’re just starting out, you want to expand your property, or you’re ready to own instead of rent, you need to explore commercial space. Construction can be expensive. If you don’t have the cash flow to fund a complete construction project, various loans are available to you.
At Delancey Street, we can show you how Colorado new construction loans can work in your favor. You can build in Denver, Aurora, Colorado Springs, or anywhere else in the state.
Take Your Project to the Next Level
Imagine finally having the property that you have always wanted. Once you know what you want, you can start building a construction plan. This will make it easier to know what steps need to be taken and how much it will all cost.
Some lenders will provide you with all of the money you need while others will want to obtain all sorts of added information before making a decision. Particularly when you work with a traditional bank, it can be difficult to get the funding. Our goal is to make the process easier for you with our creative financing opportunities.
Once you get a lender to provide you with a new construction loan, you can move one step closer to your goal of having a professional location for your business.
How a Commercial Construction Loan Can Help
You probably don’t have tens of thousands of dollars to throw at a construction project. As a result, you will need to work with a lender to get the money. A commercial construction loan will provide you with the funding in installments.
Traditional commercial mortgages provide all of the money upfront. It also gives you the chance to pay off over 10 years. However, in an effort to be creating with financing, commercial construction loans work for many businesses in Colorado.
You will need to pay for materials, land development, labor, and more. Each time a new step is completed, you will get the funding to proceed to the next step. The beauty is that interest is only charged on the portion of the money that you have already received.
Once the project is done, you have choices for the loan. You can use the property as collateral while making payments on the principal and interest. You can also choose to pay the whole amount back at once. This flexibility allows you to choose what’s right for your business.
Understanding Loan Requirements and Fees
Every lender is different when it comes to Colorado new construction loans. We’re here to help you make sense of it all.
First, you have to look at what the loan is going to cost you. This includes exploring fees, interest rates, and the down payment. A new construction loan is considered high-risk. Ultimately, this causes lenders to want a down payment in order to secure the loan a bit.
Additionally, you have to look at what a lender will require in order to approve you for the loan. This can include construction plans, a listing of all debt, your monthly income statements, and more. Your credit score will also be used to determine what kind of loan you can qualify for in terms of amount as well as interest rates.
When you’re ready to apply for a construction loan in Colorado, contact us at Delancey Street.