Things to consider when comparing lenders After you’ve looked at…
Georgia Hard Money Loans
If you have been doing your research about investing in real estate, you might have come across information about hard money loans. You might have heard that other real estate investors use hard money loans to invest in real estate, and this might be an option that you’re interested in. Reading a little more about Georgia hard money loans can help you understand more about this borrowing option and can help you decide if a hard money loan might be right for your real estate investment goals.
Perfect for Real Estate Investors
Typical mortgage loans are generally designed for people who are purchasing homes for themselves and their families. Hard money loans can sometimes be used to purchase personal property, but this is usually not the case.
On the other hand, mortgage loans aren’t usually designed for real estate investing. Some people do use mortgages to invest in real estate outside of their main home, but many mortgage companies won’t just approve you for a mortgage loan for more than a main home or a vacation home.
There is a reason why many real estate investors use hard money loans to purchase investment property: because Georgia hard money loans are designed with real estate investors in mind.
They Work Well for Fixer-Upper Properties
If you have ever tried to get approved for a regular mortgage loan when buying a fixer-upper property, you might have realized that it’s harder than many people think. Many mortgage lenders require you to have a home inspected by a qualified home inspector before they will sign off on the loan. If the home is clearly a fixer-upper, then this obviously isn’t going to work. Even though the property that you use the hard money loan to purchase will generally be used as collateral for that loan, you typically are not required to have the home inspected before you can get approved for the hard money loan.
A Faster Option for Borrowing Money
Now that you have found the deal of a lifetime on a fixer-upper property, you might be ready to make the purchase as soon as you can. In fact, you might realize that if you don’t make the purchase soon that another investor might snap it up before you can get your money together. Mortgage loans can sometimes take a really long time to get approved for. Hard money loans usually don’t, particularly if you work with a company or private investor who usually works with real estate investors and therefore understands the importance of working quickly so that you can get the deal.
An Easier Option to Qualify For
You don’t want to miss out on investing in real estate because you can’t get approved for a loan. Getting approved for a mortgage is not easy. Having good credit and a solid income can help you get approved, but it’s not always enough. Plus, your credit might not be the best, and your income might not be as high as the mortgage lender would like for it to be. If you’d like a loan that makes things easier when it comes to getting approved, Georgia hard money loans might help.
A Shorter-Term Borrowing Option
Georgia hard money loans offer a shorter-term borrowing option. Interest rates are often a little bit higher because of the fact that the loans are a bigger risk for the lender and because they are shorter-term loans. However, because you will typically pay the loan off within six to 24 months, these shorter-term loans are often ideal.
It’s ideal to look into Georgia hard money loans if you’re interested in real estate investing. There are many real estate investors out there who would not be able to operate their businesses without the help of these loans. Once you make use of one of these loans, investing in real estate might be easier than you ever dreamed it would be.
Being a business owner can be exciting and rewarding. Whether you are just starting out and want to build office space or you need to expand or renovate your existing space, it’s going to require capital. Commercial loans can give you the money that you need to get your business in Georgia to the next level.
At Delancey Street, we offer creative financing to ensure that you’re able to move forward with your construction or renovation project.
Getting the Financial Help You Need
When it comes to building or renovating, you have to think about how much it’s going to cost. It won’t matter whether you’re in Atlanta, Augusta, or anywhere else in Georgia. However, there are Georgia new construction loans that can be obtained. This way, you have the thousands of dollars that you need to move forward.
There are a lot of expenses to deal with. Lenders can provide you with the money to cover land development, labor, materials, and more. It will make it easier for you to get started when you don’t have all of the money upfront.
It’s important to understand the different commercial loans that you can obtain.
New Construction Loans vs. Commercial Mortgage Loans
Georgia new construction loans can be the better option when you look at what lenders can offer. This is in comparison to commercial mortgage loans.
Commercial mortgages typically provide you with all of the money as a lump sum up front. You will, then, have 10 years, on average, to pay for it. If you have good credit and meet all of the lender requirements, you can get approved. However, commercial mortgages typically aren’t available for renovating and upgrading, only new construction.
New construction loans in Georgia provide you with more flexibility. You get the money in installments based on the next step in the construction process. For example, you draw the first amount when the land is developed. Then, you draw the next amount when you need the foundation poured.
You only pay interest on what you have actually borrowed at the moment, not the full amount. The benefit to this is that you’re not paying interest on property that isn’t complete.
Once the project is done, you have a choice. You can choose to pay the loan off in full, or you can choose to use the property as collateral and finance the loan.
The Loan Application Process
It’s important to understand the loan application process in terms of how you can get approved as well as what it will cost to get the loan.
Lenders may request a lot of information from you to get approved.
- Credit score
- Debit obligations
- Income statements
- Construction plans
New construction loans in Georgia will require a few different fees. This can include guarantee, processing, documentation, project review, and fund control fees. The cost of these fees will vary from lender to lender.
You will also want to look at a down payment. Most lenders won’t fund the full 100% of the project because it is considered a high-risk loan. The amount requested can vary from 10 to 30%.
Finally, you have to look at the interest rate. This has to be a consideration because of the time it will take to complete the project and how much it will increase your construction project in the end.
Ultimately, getting Georgia new construction loans can help you to get started on making your business bigger and better. At Delancey Street, we look forward to helping you every step of the way.
To the uninitiated, all financing options may seem like viable choices, but this isn’t the case. When comparing hard loans to other financial support for investors, most borrowers will choose the former before opting for a bank loan or any other alternative.
Bank Loans or Hard Loans?
Not all loans are created equally. While both hard money loans and bank loans serve to help facilitate a property purchase, they are radically different. Consider the following if you’re debating between bank loans and hard loans:
- Bank loansBanks are known for their strict requirements with lending. Investors that choose banks to help finance their investments are expected to have good credit, a healthy financial history, and a lengthy portfolio showing their past success in real estate investment. Banks also monitor an individual’s income to ascertain whether they are able to repay a loan.If you do find that you qualify for a bank loan, you’ll likely enjoy lower interest rates. However, most banks have cookie-cutter loan agreements and are unlikely to create custom loans to meet whatever situation an investor may require.
- Hard money loansHard money lenders are individuals and firms that operate according to their own terms when choosing who to lend to. Instead of using an investor’s credit score or current financial status or history to make their decision, most hard money lenders look at an investor’s collateral to determine if they are eligible for the loan.That being said, investors that find they don’t qualify for standard financing options can turn to hard money lenders to get the fast funding they need. Even if an investor does meet the requirements for other alternatives, few financing options are as easy to qualify for as the hard money loan.
The Benefits of Hard Loans
In addition to the differences between bank loans and hard loans, the benefits of the hard loan are another reason real estate investors seek out hard money lenders. Thinking about using hard loans for your next property purchase? Keep the following benefits in mind:
- Hard money loans guarantee quick money.Though you’ll have to speak with a lender first to see if you qualify, once approved, you’ll have easy access to your money in a matter of days. Oftentimes, lenders are able to provide the funding within the same week of your application.
- Lax requirements allow for easier approval.Hard money lenders are interested in the collateral that investors have to offer. Investors that may otherwise seem too risky to other lenders will be able to work with hard money lenders if they have right collateral.
- Better investment opportunities become available.Has money been holding you back from reaching your full potential as a real estate investor?With hard money loans, you will be able to invest in whatever real estate opportunities that happen to come your way. Where you would have otherwise not have had enough funding to purchase a property or would have had to wait until another opportunity to afford certain deals, you’ll now be able to jump on a property purchase as soon as you see it.
- Short terms make borrowing easier.The short terms of hard money loans allow investors to act quickly and prevent interest rates from climbing too high. As most hard money loans last for a couple years or less, investors know that they have to use their loans ASAP to make their investments worth it.
If you’re ready to make your next purchase with the help of a hard money loan, it’s time to start preparing for the application process. Simple and easy, you’ll find that hard money loans will provide you with the funding your investing truly needs.